RockTenn is one of North America’s largest paperboard and packaging companies with a business founded upon the manufacture of value-added products from recycled and renewable materials. We have a long-standing commitment to environmental stewardship and sustainable business practices that guides how we collect, process and recycle materials; produce paperboard and packaging from recycled materials and sustainably managed forests; and operate our facilities. We are committed to making a positive impact on the communities in which we operate by conducting business in an environmentally sound, cooperative and charitable manner. We constantly strive for continuous improvement in eliminating waste and driving costs from our processes, while helping our customers design products that are sustainable throughout their life cycle.
RockTenn’s commitment to continuous improvement and reducing operating costs is executed in a manner that minimizes the environmental impact of our operations and products, with the goal of exceeding our customers’ expectations on sustainability.
RockTenn continuously works to:
- Reduce waste and materials consumption.
- Reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Reduce water consumption and enhance water re-use.
- Reduce the total environmental impact of our paperboard and packaging products.
- Improve recyclability and compostability of our products.
- Achieve independent certification to sustainable forestry and chain of custody standards (FSC/SFI/PEFC).
- Work with our customers to develop packaging solutions that meet cost and performance expectations; optimize materials and energy use; and minimize the environmental impact to individuals and communities throughout their life cycle.
RockTenn is committed to annually reviewing the effectiveness of its sustainability policy and initiatives, and to continually improve its management systems and environmental performance.
Chairman and CEO